Chef Leon Brunson teaches you the best techniques for bringing these basic ingredients to life so that you can turn your dining room table into your favorite restaurant.
Roasted Brussels Sprouts
- l pound Brussels Sprouts
- 1 tablespoon olive oil 6
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Kosher salt & fresh ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cut the end off the Brussels sprout and cut into halves.
- In a medium size saute pan, place olive oil in the pan. Add Brussels into pan all face down. Turn the pan on a medium heat and let sear for 3-5 minutes. Brussels should be golden brown. Do not burn! Burnt Brussels are bitter.
- Add sherry vinegar, water. Roast in the oven for 5 minutes.
- Finish with a little bit of lemon juice!
- 6oz piece of fresh salmon
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 teaspoons fresh herbs
- Squeeze of Lemon
- Turn a cast iron or sauté pan on a medium heat. Wait until hot. Add oil to the pan.
- If using skin on salmon, score the salmon with cuts down the salmon to help the salmon cook evenly.
- Season salmon with kosher salt, fresh ground pepper.
- Once the pan and oil are hot, add the salmon to the pan leaning it away from you. Cook salmon for 3-5 minutes and do not touch it! Let it form that nice crust.
- Using a fish spatula, turn the salmon and add butter, lemon, herbs and baste. Cook for 2-3 more minutes.
- Buy salmon from local markets if possible! Southern Seafood and other markets will have multiple types of salmon. The salmon used in this video is farm raised.
- Fresh lemon juice makes all the difference! Focus on utilizing fresh ingredients at each step and the rest will take care of itself.